Before you start working with a Volunteer, we suggest both parties, the Volunteer and the Company take time to understand each other’s expectations including timelines. We suggest you create a project brief to avoid misunderstandings and cap the project to 3 months. This should then be backed by a Volunteer Agreement. Here is a template we put together to make this process seamless.
[Company name] Volunteer Agreement
Name of Volunteer: [Name] residing at [Home address].
(in this Agreement “Volunteer” is also referred to as “You”)
Name of Company: [Company name] [Company address]
(in this Agreement “Company” is also referred to as “Us” or “us”)
Date of engagement [Date]
(in this Agreement referred to as “Effective Date”)
By signing this agreement, the Company and the Volunteer agree to the following:
Hours per week: [hours]
Duration: 3 months
Terms and Conditions:
- This is not an internship, apprenticeship, freelancer, contractor or an employment agreement.
- This is a voluntary position, i.e. there will be no financial compensation for your efforts or any taxable benefits in kind.
- The voluntary position which you have agreed to partake in, will last for a period of 3 months from the Date of Engagement mentioned above. But in some cases, it may end sooner if the project is satisfactorily completed by you in a shorter time span.
- Upon successful completion of the project as validated by the Company, you are fully entitled to recommendations, endorsements and in some cases product trials or discounts specifically stated in the Opportunity Application page and repeated below for easy reference.
- You may also request for the extension of this voluntary position, which may or may not be approved based on the requirement of the company.
- If you wish to terminate the agreement before the end of 3 months or Project Completion, whichever is applicable, please note that no recommendations, endorsements, product discounts or trials (limited to some companies) will be provided to you for the work you have partially completed up to that point.
- There is no promise of future paid work of any kind, as a contractor or an employee.
- If you are working for another company, in full-time or part-time employment, internship or voluntary basis, you are advised to inform them of this Agreement and seek permission where necessary before continuing with us.
- You also need to advise us of formal relationships you have with any organisation whether you function as a director, employee, contractor, freelancer or an intern, whether paid or unpaid.
- We will take no responsibility for any liability arising from you engaging with us, in case your employer or another party has an issue of you engaging with us.
- We carry no insurance including professional indemnity insurance or any other on your behalf to protect you against potential claims by others during the validity of this agreement.
- We also acknowledge that you do not carry professional indemnity insurance for the work you would carry out under this agreement.
- All intellectual property created as a result of your activities with us will remain with us.
- We encourage you not to download documents to your computer from our Google Workspace (Google Drive) unless it’s absolutely necessary to execute your responsibilities.
- Upon completion of the work, or at the time of terminating of this agreement, you shall hand over all work completed to that date, even if the work is partially completed.
- For reference purposes, please seek permission from the Company first.
- All records of the project must be deleted from your computer and other devices including mobile phones, as well as from cloud software solutions not owned by the Company.
- You can leave your responsibility anytime, but please provide a minimum of 48 hrs advance notification. We will also do the same if your contribution is no longer needed.
- You have our permission to add Us as a company you engaged with on voluntary basis on your social media, especially on LinkedIn and on your CV/resume if you deem it will add value with your future prospects. This can be shown under Experiences on Linkedin.
- We are happy to provide references where deemed fit based on the satisfactory execution of your voluntary engagement with us.
- If this eventuality leads to a paid part-time or full-time opportunity with Us, there will be a separate commercial agreement with Us.
- You should make no assumption that this work will lead to a paid opportunity with us in the future.
- No joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between Us and You because of this Agreement.
- This Agreement, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Relationships with Other Organisations – Declaration
Once a satisfactory outcome is delivered, the Company will:
- Provide a testimonial against your profile on SkilledUp Life
- Provide a Linkedin testimonial.
- Allow you to add Company Name to your Linkedin Profile.
- Write Linkedin Post thanking you for your contribution.
- Share the same on Twitter.
Print name: xxxxx
On behalf of the Company
Print name: xxx
On behalf of the Volunteer