If the guidelines are not clear, please reach out via Chat, Contact or emailing. Thank you for joining SkilledUp Life.
SkilledUp Life is a Volunteer Market Place for Tech Companies.
Free to Volunteers. Gain tech company experience in exchange for your time.
Most tech companies are bootstrapped and struggling. And they never have enough resources to execute their plans. A voluntary workforce coupled with paid workers (employees and contractors) can help them execute faster with greater impact.
We are creating a Win-Win relationship for both parties.
The Volunteer User Manual covers:
- Registering for an account, Login and Dashboard
- Update Profile, Skills and Experiences
- Searching for your ideal Opportunity
- Following Companies and shortlisting Opportunities
- Applying and engaging with Companies through Messaging
- Account Management through Dashboard
1. Registering for an Account, Login and Dashboard
After you have selected Register from the top menu, please select Volunteer (the top left tab) to register for an account. You will be automatically taken to the Dashboard upon registration.
You will be taken to the Dashboard upon login as well as just after registration.
Top right menu will give you quick access to:
2. Update Profile, Skills and Experiences
Select Update Profile from the left sidebar to enrich your profile. Please complete the Profile immediately after login. Do the same for Skills and Experiences.
Please complete all fields to help Companies make informed decisions when considering you as a Volunteer.
Under description, explain the type of Opportunities you like to be involved in and the time you can commit per week and month.
Please note volunteering is free and you should not expect financial compensation, future employment, contract work or benefits in kind. This is a Volunteer Market Place and not a Opportunity Board for paid work.
3. Searching for your ideal Opportunity
- Companies to explore registered companies with us. Let us know what type of Companies are of interest to you.
- Opportunities to explore current listed Opportunities. If you don’t find the type of Opportunities you are interested in, do let us know. We can speak to Companies and create matching Opportunities, where possible.
4. Following Companies and shortlisting Opportunities
- Use the filters on the right sidebar to home onto Companies of interest.
- Click heart icon to follow Companies that interests you.
- Click on a Company to see details about them.
- Click on tags/categories, e.g. SaaS to view a list of related Companies.
- Use the filters on right sidebar to home onto Opportunities of interest.
- Click heart icon to shortlist Opportunities.
- Click on an Opportunity to see details about it.
5. Applying and Engaging with Companies through messaging
- Both the Shortlist button and the heart icon can be used to shortlist as well as remove short listings.
- Use Apply Now to apply for an Opportunity.
- Once you have applied for an Opportunity, then use Contact Us to reach out to the Company through built-in messaging.
6. Account Management through Dashboard
Login to the Dashboard to manage your Opportunities.
- Companies followed
- Short listings
Please check and respond to your messages on a regular basis.
Account management functionality also include:
- Change password
- Delete Account
Please note if you delete your account by mistake, we do not have backups to resurrect it.
Please reached out through Chat, Contact or Email with your feedback.