We recommend that all our Customers onboard an HR Volunteer first, who could effectively reduce the Tech CEO’s time spent on building a strong Volunteer team.
Let’s take a look at the stages of sourcing a Volunteer from SkilledUp Life:
- Understanding the number of Volunteers needed and their roles [Document 1].
- Publish the Opportunities on SkilledUp Life using the recommended template [Document 2].
- Search and approach Volunteers that meet the role requirements immediately after publishing.
- Once applied and the notifications are received, review Volunteer profiles quickly.
- Reject from the Dashboard those who do not meet your minimum requirements.
- Send the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire to those who meet the minimum requirements using the template email [Document 3].
- If the responses are unsatisfactory, reject them from the Dashboard.
- If the responses are satisfactory, arrange interview with the respective team members [Document 4].
- Arrange and send the Volunteer Agreement for signing by the Volunteer and the CEO [Document 5].
- Once Signed, start the onboarding process.
- Arrange welcoming meeting and make the necessary introductions to team members, including granting access to software tools.
- Arrange any training needed.
- Organise the Volunteer to submit daily reports.
- Conduct initial survey to capture the expectations of the Volunteer.
- Conduct survey half way through the 3 month term to identify areas for improvement.
- Conduct survey at the end of the term to capture feedback.
- Deal with any issues raised during the term.
- Ensure succession planning 1 month before the term ends.
- Organise the offboarding process including preparing the necessary testimonials and letter of recommendation.
- Make sure you withdraw access from software tools and take over any documentation prepared.
To help with this, we have now released the HR Tool Kit Part 1 which includes:
- Document 1 – Organisational Volunteer Needs Capture.
- Document 2 – Opportunity Template.
- Document 3 – Pre-Qualification Questionnaire.
- Document 4 – Interviewing Guidelines.
- Document 5 – Volunteer Agreement and Guidelines.
This is just the start of sharing what works for us. Do get in touch when you are ready to work with us.