As a frontend developer you will be essential in creating delightful and exciting user interfaces to provide teachers and learners with a unique learning experience. You will have the opportunity to effect change from the early stages of a fast growing and diverse team looking to disrupt global education.
A high level view of our tech stack is:
- Backend: Python, Django
- Front-end: ReactJS, HTML, CSS, JS
- Infrastructure: AWS services, AWS CDK (Infrastructure as Code), Serverless Framework
- You’ll work with others to build new user interfaces for 3DUCATE.
- You’ll help improve the user experience and reliability, or polish existing interfaces.
- You’ll build internal tools to improve the productivity for the whole team.
What We’re Looking For
- Thoughtful problem-solving: For you, problem-solving starts with a clear and accurate understanding of the context. You can decompose tricky problems and work towards a clean solution, by yourself or with teammates. You’re comfortable asking for help when you get stuck.
- Put users first: You think critically about the implications of what you’re building, and how it shapes real people’s lives. You understand that reach comes with responsibility for our impact—good and bad.
- Empathetic communication: You communicate nuanced ideas clearly, whether you’re explaining technical decisions in writing or brainstorming in real time. In disagreements, you engage thoughtfully with other perspectives and compromise when needed.
- Not ideological about technology: To you, technologies and programming languages are about trade-offs. You may be opinionated, but you’re not ideological and can learn new technologies as you go.
- ReactJS, HTML5 / CSS3, and related tooling and technologies
- Experience working with Docker
- Git, Github
- Understanding of AWS APIs
- Experience with Django is a plus